Monday, February 27, 2012

Stinson Beach

A really short post here, though it epitomizes one of my favorite parts of California. Two Saturdays ago Jenny and I slept in till 10:30 or so, then decided we wanted to go hiking, normally a little late to plan a trip (especially without a car). However, by 1 o'clock Jenny and I had managed to grab a delicious burrito (Taqueria Cancan at Market and 5th- awesome stuff), ride a bus across the Golden Gate and find ourselves at the foot of the famous (apparently...) Dipsea Trail in Mill Valley. The trail itself is home to the DIpsea Race, the oldest trail race in America, a 7.4 mile jog from the Bay, starting in Mill Valley, to the Pacific Ocean at Stinson Beach. The trail starts with a pant-inducing 600-feet of steps before crossing Windy Ridge and dropping back through the Muir Monument. The trail then works it's away along ridges and through some classic California Coastal Redwood groves before ending at Stinson Beach.


I managed to snag this disorienting shot on the trail:


A few hours later Jenny and I were sitting at Stinson Beach enjoying a nice cold drink before hopping on the bus back to Sausalito.


From Sausalito we rode the ferry back to the Embarcadero in downtown San Francisco, a beautiful night-time ride, regardless of how bad it looks on my iPhone...



Thanks San Francisco! It's amazing that even after sleeping till 10 I could cross the Golden Gate, enjoy a scenic hike, picnic on a beach, ride a ferry across one of the world's most beautiful harbors, and be home by 7.

2 comments:

  1. if you can comment, then i can comment! great post!! except you forgot the dr. dog concert that rounded out the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I forget to mention that? I ran out of space. lol.

    ReplyDelete