Friday, July 9, 2010

The Long Lost Post

The lack of internet at my apartment in Hilo has really slowed my blog down- I apologize.
Work has been great so far- day fieldwork, lab work, and even night fieldwork tracking rats. See Jenny below!

We had Friday off instead of Monday, so Jenny and I hiked to the scenic Rainbow Falls and then went for a swim at the even better Pee’epe’e Falls.

Saturday I took the plunge and finally invested in a new road bike, and I explored more of Hilo.

Sunday, Jenny and I went to the small town 4th of July parade in Volcanoes, the village just north of the national park, and then saw the sites in the park. Another full week of work coming up and with internet installation coming soon (hopefully), my posts should become more frequent.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, and you thought when Tad asked you to set up the internet it would be a simple task.

    Sounds like you're having fun! I'm still hoping that some weekend I can fly over to the Big Island and visit the volcanoes. I'll let you and Jenny know if that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm digging the new bike, man. Looks sharp.

    ReplyDelete